Barbara B. Burn Memorial Scholarship Open!
Dr. Barbara B. Burn founded the International Programs Office at UMass Amherst in the 1970s and devoted her career to the ideal of making international education accessible to any student. When Dr. Burn passed away in February 2002, her family, in cooperation with the University, established a memorial scholarship in her memory. Every spring semester, the BBB Scholarship Committee will award an annual $1000 scholarship.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior, or senior Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree international
- Student at UMass Amherst as of the start of fall semester 2023.
- Have a minimum cumulative average (GPA) of 3.75
- Be sponsored by UMass Amherst in a non-immigrant visa status (i.e. F-1, J-1)
To apply for this scholarship:
- Complete the application below with the endorsement from your primary academic advisor
- Provide the name and contact information for either an academic advisor or UMass faculty member who will provide a letter of recommendation.
- Upload a brief one page essay using the following naming format: [Last Name] "BBB F2023"
- Have a faculty member or academic advisor submit a letter of recommendation in support of your application. The letter of recommendation is to be submitted using this form.