J-1 Scholar/Student Employment

J-1 Scholar/Employee Employment


The J-1 authorizes your work at UMass Amherst as described on the DS-2019; it does not permit you to work elsewhere. If you have questions regarding other employment in the United States, please contact the IPO.

J-2 Employment Application

Dependents (spouse, children ages 15-21) of J-1 holders are eligible to work with special permission. The IPO cannot advise on J-2 applications as they are personal applications. More information is available here