The IPO Buddy program is open to all undergraduate UMass students.
Are you an international student interested in having a friend or meeting a current UMass student?
IPO Buddies (Friendship) is a buddy/mentor program designed to enable you to meet current UMass student so he/she can help you to transition into life in the U.S., Amherst and at UMass. Newly arrived students like YOU may need a friend to answer your questions and help you to adjust to a new academic and personal life here.
Are you interested in meeting new students from all over the world?
IPO Buddies is a Buddy/Mentor program designed to enable you to meet new international students and help them to transition into life in the U.S., Amherst and at UMASS. Newly arrived students need IPO buddies like YOU to answer their questions and help them to adjust to a new academic and personal life here.
New students are full of questions about their new lives in Amherst. This is your chance to reach out and assist someone new to the area and provide advice, support and friendship.
What your responsibilities are as an IPO Buddy
- Attend an IPO Buddy Orientation Session
- Initiate and exchange e-mails and phone numbers with your Buddy
- Meet with your Buddy at least once in the first week/month of their arrival – for coffee, a walk, a meal, UMass sports and arts event, whatever you prefer
- Be willing to be contacted by your partner to answer questions during their first semester
- Host your Buddy at an IPO-sponsored event
- Be a friend and resource to your partner
We look forward to your participation and are very appreciative of your willingness to give to the UMASS community.
Returning UMass Amherst Students: If you are interested in this program please complete an IPO Buddy application.