Requesting H-1B

Requesting H-1B

Please contact IPO if you have any questions regarding H-1B sponsorship at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

H-1B sponsorship and extension requests can only be initiated by the sponsoring department on campus. For any inquiries, please send an email to the IPO.  We ask departments not to contact our UMass retained immigration counsel directly.

After the initial inquiry, IPO will determine if the case will be processed in house by IPO or outsourced to our retained immigration counsel. For in-house H cases,department staff can access UMass VIP to complete the H-1B Visa E-form Request for the position. Once the department has finished their section of the request, the employee will be notified to fill out 5 E-Forms. The IPO will work closely with the department and employee to ensure a timely filing of the H petition.

For H cases that are outsourced, IPO will initiate an H case with our retained immigration counsel, and all parties involved will be contacted appropriately to ensure a timely filing of the H application.

Click here for IPO Fee Structure