F-1 Student Dependents

F-1 Student Dependents

Requesting F-2 Sponsorship

The IPO building remains closed to the public but we are still processing I-20 E-Form reprint requests. Per existing and updated federal guidance, the IPO may now print and sign I-20s electronically and email them to you.

If you encounter an E-Form access issue and have tried accessing the E-form in multiple web browsers, please email iss[at]umass[dot]edu

F-1 visa holders are eligible to request their spouse and/or child (children) to accompany them to the United States on a dependent visa.

Please access our Dependent Request E-Form. To login, enter your UMass NETID credentials and choose Amherst as your campus.

  • Please scroll through the E-Form first - it is important to have all requested information available. Once you have collected and entered all pertinent information, please hit the submit button. IPO staff will be notified once you have submitted the form.
  • Undergraduate Students: Please contact IPO.
  • Graduate Students: You will need to submit finances for a single graduate student plus each dependent. Additional funding is required. NOTE: If you have an assistantship, please upload a copy of your contract. If additional funding is needed, IPO will contact you.

Dependent requests take 5 business days to be processed.

Family Resources

When bringing family members to the U.S., please read the important information on Schools and Childcare.