Change of Status (COS)

You can apply for a Change of Status to F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, or B-1/B-2 without leaving the U.S. NOTE:  You CANNOT change from one J visa category to another without leaving the country and re-entering. For instance, you cannot change from a J-1 research scholar to a J-1 student by filing a Change of Status Application.

NOTE: It is your responsibility to maintain your underlying status until your change of status is adjudicated/approved. Please contact IPO for an in-person appointment.