Preparing to Return
As your study abroad experience begins to draw to an end, there are a number of simple but important things you should do:
- Register for classes on SPIRE. If you have any questions about your registration, contact your academic advisor. IPO will send an email to your UMass email address to inform you of registration dates. If you do not have access to the internet during the registration period, contact the study abroad registrar, Cristina Sosa.
- File your FASFA and contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions for the upcoming year
- Make housing arrangements for your return to UMass Amherst
- Request an official transcript from your program or host institution and have it sent to:
Study Abroad Registrar
International Programs Office
University of Massachusetts Amherst
70 Butterfield Terrace
Amherst, MA 01003-9361
- If you paid a security deposit for housing, make sure you leave your housing in good condition so you will be able to get your deposit back.
- Follow any departure procedures required by your program or host institution
- Be prepared for reverse cultural adjustment when you return home
- Take photos for the IPO Photo Contest