Start planning early! Study abroad is possible for students in every major, but it requires planning ahead. We encourage students to visit with Education Abroad as early as the first year.
The Education Abroad Office primarily serves undergraduates, but there are some graduate study abroad opportunities as well.
Summer 2020 Education Abroad Advising Update
The Education Abroad Advising Center is closed this summer, but Education Abroad Advisors are available by email or Zoom to help students explore the options and make plans for study abroad. This information will be updated as Education Abroad staff return to campus for Fall 2020.
Ready to Get Started?
- Attend Essentials. Essentials is a mandatory information session for all students in all majors interested in all countries, and is currently available online.
- Attend a Summer Ed Abroad Advising Webinar
Research your program options using the UMass Abroad programs database
- Want some general advice? Stuck on the process or can’t find info you are looking for? Send an email to abroad[at]ipo.umass[dot]edu.
- Reach out to your Academic Advisor to let them know you want to go abroad, and review your major and gen ed requirements. Think about when the best time(s) are for you to go and figure out what courses you can and want to take abroad. Find out if there are any classes you must take on campus, and when they are offered.
- Connect with your Education Abroad advisor, by email or Zoom.
Still Have Questions?
Call us at (413) 545-5247, or email us.