Start planning early! Study abroad is possible for students in every major, but it requires planning ahead. We encourage students to visit with Education Abroad as early as the first year.
The Education Abroad Office primarily serves undergraduates, but there are some graduate study abroad opportunities as well.
- Meet with an Education Abroad Peer Advisor—peers have been abroad and are here for you during all phases of the study abroad process. Drop in at the Education Abroad Advising Center, located in the IPO Building, 70 Butterfield Terrace, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. You can also find us in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library Learning Commons Room O. The Advising Desk is open Monday - Wednesday from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. when classes are in session
- Meet with your Academic Advisor and let them know you want to go abroad—map out your semesters and see when the best time(s) are for you to go. Find out if there are any classes you must take, and when they are offered.
- Browse scholarships from IPO, your university, or partner program. Know your deadlines and apply!
- Keep in mind, passports are required for international travel and can take up to 8 weeks to obtain. Plan early!
Go to Academics & Eligibility for next steps!
Still Have Questions?
• Call us at (413) 545-5247, or email us.