Congratulations on your acceptance to your study abroad program! Your next steps include:
- Read How the Money Works for Education Abroad slides
- Attend the Pre-Departure Orientation
- Review Prepare To Go Abroad
These slides provide important information on billing, payments, and financial aid for your term abroad.
Students going abroad are required to attend a Pre-Departure Orientation session that will be held on Zoom. We’ve designed the orientation to be a combination of health and safety information as well as practical tips and stories from returned students. Failure to comply will result in your application being withdrawn, and we will notify your partner program or host university that you no longer have UMass approval to study abroad. Your family members are invited and must have their own Zoom account to log in.
- You are required to attend one of these sessions and attendance will be taken at the end of the presentation. If you are unable to attend due to academic reasons, email your Education Abroad Advisor.
- These sessions are not for students participating on a UMass Faculty Taught Program. You will have a program-specific orientation.
- Your partner program or Exchange university may also have a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation and you are required to attend both.
Monday, April 29
|Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation OPTION #1 for students going abroad in summer 2024, fall 2024, and academic year 2024.
Zoom link: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/94788173017
Wednesday, May 8
|Mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation OPTION #2 for students going abroad in summer 2024, fall 2024, and academic year 2024.
Zoom link: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/96880724716
Are you a first-time, novice, or apprehensive international traveler? Check out our Savvy Traveler Series, featuring stories and advice from returned students and Education Abroad staff on a wide variety of topics!