Are you curious about technology commercialization? Do you want to explore opportunities to apply your research? Is your team searching for a fit between your technology and real-world needs?
I-Corps @ UMass Amherst has training for you! All programs are based on Lean Launchpad methodology.
- Gain professional development experience for work in academia, industry, and startups
- Broaden the impacts of NSF funded proposals and grants
- Learn about potential customer interests and needs
- Learn the fundamentals of technology commercialization
- Prepare to apply to the NSF I-Corps teams program
Join our email list to receive more details.
Training Programs Offered
There are three stages of training:
- Innovators Warm-Up: Get Started - A stand-alone introduction to technology commercialization and the lean startup method. Innovators Warm-Ups are offered several times throughout the year.
- Innovators Jump-Start: Gain Experience - For those who attend an Innovators Warm-Up and want more. The program is offered once per semester.
- Innovators Rev-Up: Get Serious - For teams that have completed the Innovators Jump-Start and want to dig deeper. The schedule is tailored to each team individually.
Project Ideas and Technologies
Ideas and technologies for projects can originate with student work, research (funded or unfunded), institutional or industrial projects within an area normally supported by the National Science Foundation. In general, intellectual property underlying the project will be owned either by the university or by the team.
Get More Information
- Interested, but not sure if I-Corps @ UMass is right for you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to talk about your situation.