What is an Innovators Warm-Up?
The Innovators Warm-Up provides a brief introduction to university-based innovation, technology commercialization, and the lean startup methodology. All participants engage in a thought-provoking and fun exercise that provides hands-on experience in examining technology commercialization opportunities in new ways. Topics include:
- The connection between university research and commercialization
- Innovation and the lean startup
- Initial development of a basic business model
- Applying to the Innovators Jump-Start training, which provides training and experience in 'customer discovery' to explore opportunities to transition your own research into the marketplace
- The Innovators Rev-Up program, which provide up to $2,000 to cover ‘customer discovery’ expenses
Offered multiple times each semester by I-Corps @ UMass and in collaboration with campus groups.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss offering a program through your campus organization or class.
Who should attend?
- Teams applying to participate in the Innovators Jump-Start program must have an Entrepreneurial Lead who has completed an Innovators Warm-Up before the start of the Jump-Start. Technical Leads are strongly encouraged to attend an Innovators Warm-Up as well.
- UMass Amherst faculty, students, and post-docs from all disciplines supported by the National Science Foundation with ideas originating from student work, research, institutional or industrial projects.
- Individuals interested in applying their research to a new venture but do not have a specific business concept in mind.