There are several reasons to apply and participate. The most important is to gain valuable exposure to NSF’s approach to early steps in research commercialization and startup development. It will also add new capabilities and perspective to enhance competitiveness and open the door to additional funding:
- Gain professional development experience for work in academia, industry, and startups.
- Broaden the impacts of NSF funded proposals and grants.
- Prepare for national NSF I-Corps Teams project ($50K over 6 months)
- Qualify for new PFI opportunities ($250K over 18-24 months)
- Improve the odds of NSF SBIR success
- Learn about potential customer interests and needs.