Exercise Intervention and Outcomes
The Exercise Intervention & Outcomes core houses a wide variety of equipment that provides researchers with facilities in which they can:
- Evaluate clinical markers of health: height, weight, cardio-metabolic function, strength, and blood/biopsy generated measures.
- Complete participant characterization: strength, metabolic capacity, cardiac function, body composition (bone, fat, muscle) – including separation of visceral and subcutaneous abdominal fat
- Conduct exercise intervention studies in a controlled setting. Participants can be closely monitored to ensure compliance to ensure precision in dose/response measures.
- Evaluate a wide range of health-related biomarkers in the core or utilize other IALS Cores for additional characterization
- GE Carescape – Blood Pressure/Temperature/Pulse Oximeter
- Seca 719/220 Scale/Stadiometer
- Piccolo xPress
- Thermofisher Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Exam Tables
- Phlebotomy Chair
- Sample Refrigeration/Freezer (short term storage)
Bone Densitometry/Body Composition
- ParvoMedics TrueOne 2400 Metabolic Cart
- Biodex System 4 Pro Dynamometer
- Quinton Q-Stress 12-lead Electrocardiogram w/ integrated treadmill
- Velotron Electromagnetically Braked Bicycle Ergometer
|Campus Users||Other Academic Institutions||Industry||Unit|
Rates are subject to change, contact facility to verify current fees.
|Updated October 4, 2017|
Training for new users consists of:
- lab safety training,
- operation of the instrument and associated software,
- use of data analysis software,
- exporting or presenting data,
- clean up and shutdown of the instrumentation.