GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP) representatives are available Wednesday, March 3, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET to answer US federal tax questions from UMass Amherst employees who are non-residents for tax purposes (“non-resident aliens”).
- Log into GLACIER and select “Complete by tax return using GLACIER Tax Prep”
- From the GTP menu, select “LIVE Tax Information and GTP Q&A Session”
- Click on the link and enter the Passcode (that will be available right below the link)
About the GTP session:
- Space is limited. Participants may join or exit the session at any time; if the session is full, they may wait in the “waiting room” until space opens. Participants do not need to stay the entire hour, they can ask a question and leave – or stay the whole time and hear others’ questions.
- This session will begin at 1:00 pm ET and end at 2:00 pm ET.
- 1:00 – 1:15 - General Nonresident Alien Tax Information
- 1:15 – 2:00 - Questions and Answers
- To allow for more questions, participants will be assigned to a breakout room; after the general session, they may go to the breakout room.
- GENERAL Nonresident Alien Tax questions should be asked in the MAIN session;
- Questions about using GTP should be asked in the assigned Breakout room.
- CHAT will be used to ask questions; the presenter will read the question aloud and provide the answer.
- For questions that are very specific to the individual’s Federal tax situation, individuals should log into their GTP account, select “Help” and send the question to GTP Help so that specific information about the record can be obtained.