Supervisors, managers and administrators who work with bargaining-unit employees may contact us for help with:
- Interpreting bargaining unit agreement contract language.
- Reviewing reorganization plans and other personnel actions which have labor-management implications.
- Addressing departmental policy and procedure changes which have labor-management implications such as contracting out work or changing work schedules.
- Developing approaches that address a supervisor's concerns about employees such as attendance and discipline.
- Managing layoffs and bumping.
Layoff and Progressive Discipline Processes
Find guides on the layoff and discipline processes under Labor Relations in the HR Library. We encourage you to contact us for help with these processes. Workplace Learning & Development and the Faculty Staff Assistance Program provide consultation and counseling support services to supervisors.