Before you begin the process of hiring a professional staff or faculty member, you should familiarize yourself with the employment policies and procedures contained in the documents listed below.
- Professional Staff Salary Administration Program Handbook for Bargaining Unit Employees
- Professional Staff Salary Administration Program Handbook for Non-Unit Employees
- Professional Staff Union (PSU) Bargaining Unit A Bargaining Agreement
- Academic Personnel Policy (“Redbook”), Trustee Document T76-081 [PDF]
- Massachusetts Society of Professors (MSP) Bargaining Unit Agreement
The Office of Human Resources is responsible for establishing and monitoring staff search procedures, approving search proposals and waivers of the search process, and providing technical assistance to search committees. Additionally, HR partners with the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs on key components of the faculty search process. Tenure Track Faculty Search Guide Tenure Track Faculty Search Resources Tenure Track Faculty Search Committee Training Tenure Track Faculty Search Activities Guide Professional Staff Search Guide
Talent Acquisition System
Our Applicant Tracking System of record is PageUp. Learn from our PageUp Training materials. Login to PageUp. For Tenure-track faculty searches, certain portions of the search process are still conducted within APWS (Academic Personnel Workflow System). Please refer to the tenure track faculty search resources above for more information.
Affirmative Action Plans
UMass Amherst is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A copy of our current Affirmative Action plan can be found here.