Before you begin the process of hiring a professional staff or faculty member, you should familiarize yourself with the employment policies and procedures contained in the documents listed below.
- Professional Staff Salary Administration Program Handbook for Bargaining Unit Employees
- Professional Staff Salary Administration Program Handbook for Non-Unit Employees
- Professional Staff Union (PSU) Bargaining Unit A Bargaining Agreement
- Academic Personnel Policy (“Redbook”), Trustee Document T76-081 [PDF]
- Massachusetts Society of Professors (MSP) Bargaining Unit Agreement
The Office of Human Resources is responsible for establishing and monitoring staff search procedures, approving search proposals and waivers of the search process, and providing technical assistance to search committees. Additionally, HR partners with the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs on key components of the faculty search process.
Professional Staff Search Guide (currently under development)
Talent Acquistion System
For Tenure-track faculty searches, certain portions of the search process are still conducted within APWS. Please refer to the tenure track faculty search resources above for more information.
Affirmative Action Plans
UMass Amherst is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A copy of our current Affirmative Action plan can be found here.