All individuals who work for the University of Massachusetts Amherst are encouraged to provide Human Resources a Social Security Number (SSN) for income and tax reporting purposes. Information about how to apply for an SSN appears on the International Programs Office website.
Upon receipt of an SSN international colleagues are required to:
- Log into the GLACIER (http://www.online-tax.net/ ) click on “Login Now” enter your UserID and Password (or click on “Forgot Login?” if you do not remember them).
- Please make sure that you enter your Social Security Number (SSN) and edit your name in Glacier to match your name as stated on your Social Security Card.
- Step through all the pages in Glacier updating anything that has changed to determine if you are eligible for a treaty.
- Print the Tax Summary Report and all Required Forms
- Sign/Date each form
- Scan Tax Summary Report, Required Forms, and Required Document Copies (and a copy of your new Social Security Card for payroll purposes) into a PDF file(s) begin filename(s) with: YourLastName_YourFirstName_
- Upload by dragging and dropping the file(s) into our UMass Amherst Secure File Transfer Box: https://umass.app.box.com/f/5a8de725d5244a248de5635a53ddc6d1