Wednesday, June 13, 2018
The MA Group Insurance Commission (GIC) plan year starts July 1, 2018. A few corresponding reminders:
- Premiums for July coverage are payroll-deducted starting on the June 15, 2018 paydate
- Plan deductibles (including prescription plan deductibles) reset effective July 1. Deductibles must be paid out-of-pocket before coverage takes effect.
- GIC prescription insurance coverage for all non-medicare plans transitions to Express Scripts effective July 1, 2018. Express Scripts prescription cards will be mailed to participants' homes in June. Please be sure to 1) review the GIC Express Scripts website for important coverage information and 2) bring the new prescription card to your pharmacy the first time you use the plan on/after July 1, 2018.If you are covered under a GIC health insurance plan and have not received your Express Script prescription cards by July 1 please contact Express Scripts directly. Express Scripts Member Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached at 855.283.7679.
Health Care Spending Account & Dependent Care Assistance Programs (HCSA / DCAP)
- Payroll deductions begin on the July 13, 2018 paydate
- If you participated in the HCSA in prior years and enrolled in the HCSA for coverage 2018-19 your new election amount will be available on your existing debit card starting July 1, 2018. Replacement debit cards are only provided when the prior card expires or upon request for a fee of $5.00 per set. Please contact ASI Flex at 1-800-659-3035 if you require replacement card(s).