The MA Group Insurance Commission (GIC) open enrollment is April 7 – May 5, 2021 for changes effective July 1, 2021:
- Your GIC health insurance plan enrollment will remain the same if you do not submit an enrollment/change form via MyGICLink.
- You must pro-actively re-enroll if you wish to participate in a Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) or Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) in the next plan year.
During open enrollment you can:
- Change your, or enroll in a, GIC health insurance plan online at MyGICLink.
- Add or remove dependent(s) from your GIC health insurance plan without a qualifying event online at MyGICLink.
- Cancel your GIC health insurance plan and participate in the Buy-Out program. The Buy-Out program information & participation form are on the UMass Amherst HR website.
- Enroll, or continue participation in, a HCSA and/or DCAP online with Benefits Strategies.
Please confirm your health insurance plan's doctor and hospital networks & review the following information before making a decision:
- GIC 2021-22 Benefit Decision Guide / Know Your Benefits Guide
- Tips on how to select a GIC health insurance plan are offered online
- Important information about the Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance Plan