Exciting news! On June 7, 2021 employees purchasing insurance through the MA Group Insurance Commission (GIC) are scheduled to receive an e-mail from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (MyGICLinkcustomerservice@mass.gov) providing access to the Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission’s (GIC) new MyGICLink member portal. The MyGICLink portal allows you to:
- View your current GIC enrollments
- Modify enrollments based on qualifying event (uploading supporting documents)
- Apply for, or apply to increase, GIC optional life insurance coverage*
- View and change GIC life insurance beneficiaries
- Apply for GIC long-term disability insurance coverage*
- Chat with a GIC representative
- View any premiums directly billed to you by the GIC (premiums that were not payroll-deducted) and pay those premiums online
- Update your name and/or address with the GIC**
* Applications to enroll for GIC long-term disability & to enroll for (or increase) GIC optional life insurance are subject to review of medical insurability by the GIC’s insurance vendor, MetLife.
Watch your e-mail for information on how to access the MyGICLink portal (check your spam folder if you do not receive an e-mail by end-of-day June 7, 2021).