UMass strives to be a workplace that functions well, fosters a culture of respect, and allows each employee to thrive.
Making UMass Inclusive and Accessible to All Staff and Faculty
- Accessible Workplace administers workplace accommodation requests.
- The Equity and Inclusion Office offers individual and community learning opportunities, support through Employee Resource Groups and additional resources.
- LinkedIn Learning and WLD Self-Guided Learnings offer on-line workshops on inclusion, respect, and more.
- The Equal Opportunity Office oversees workplace discrimination and harassment policies
- EH&S (Environmental Health & Safety) provides workplace ergonomic consultations for supervisors and employees.
- Partnership for Worker Education has a variety of offerings that support the development of inclusive workplace practices.
Supporting Supervisors, Chairs, Deans and Directors
- The Leadership Academy is a great way to develop your skills as a supervisor.
- Various offices on campus offer consultations, customized trainings and facilitated retreats: Workplace Learning & Development and the Employee Counseling and Consultation Office.
- Ombuds Office offers resources and support to help with organizational conflict resolution.
Supporting Employees with Work-Related Concerns
- The Employee Counseling and Consultation Office offers counseling and support for work and non-work concerns.
- Ombuds Office offers individual consultations with employees having difficulties at work.
- Partnership for Worker Education offers training and career ladders for front line workers.
- Your union can be a great place to turn for guidance on your rights as an employee.
- The Equal Opportunity Office offers consultations for employees who think they have experienced discrimination or harassment.
- Concerned you are being bullied by a colleague, supervisor, or member of the campus community? Contact Susan Weldon to learn more about the campus’s anti-bullying protections.