To reserve the CHC Events Hall:
ADVISORY: Event hall reservation links have recently changed. Please update your bookmarks, and be sure to only log in to the form with your official UMass email address!
- Review the policy statement below
- Important! Before proceeding, you must login to UMass Google Apps here
- Consult the Events Hall Reservation Calendar to view approved and pending reservations
- Submit a reservation request, using the online CHC Events Hall Request Form
NOTE: CHC does not provide services such as A/V or room set up or breakdown.
See Helpful Links below for event services provided by UMass Amherst.
Policies for Use of the Commonwealth Honors College Events Hall
Commonwealth Honors College (CHC) has established these guidelines for the use of the CHC Events Hall to preserve the integrity of the space and its furnishings.
Priority will be given to academic and co-curricular events compatible with the University’s academic mission. Non-academic events with possible attendance of 100 or more will not be allowed.
The CHC Events Hall is available for use by campus groups from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Because the CHC Events Hall is also used as a gathering space for the CHC Residential Community, its uses before 5:00 p.m. weekdays are limited to CHC and Residential Life programs or the use of the east half only to lessen the impact on the community.
Commonwealth Honors College and CHC Residential Community programs take priority over other requests for use of the CHC Events Hall. This may require, on occasion, the rescheduling of campus group events. Reservations requested before a semester starts will be held until the first day of classes to ensure that the Commonwealth Honors College and CHC Residential Community programs are in place to minimize any rescheduling.
Requests for use of the CHC Events Hall should be submitted well in advance of the planned event to ensure space availability. You must contact Facilities & Campus Services and Classroom Technology Services (CTS) directly for furniture set-up and audio-visual equipment or technology needs.
Steps for Requesting Reservation
- After reviewing the Events Hall Reservation Calendar and determining that the time desired may be available, complete and submit the online CHC Events Hall Request Form.
- You will receive an auto-generated email acknowledging receipt of your request and confirming the information you submitted.
- When your request has been reviewed, you will receive an email notice
- of pending reservation or
- that your request has not been approved
- The email notice of pending approval carries the subject line “CHC Event Hall pending reservation – action needed!”
- When you receive that email, you must follow up, first, by submitting a Facilities & Campus Services (F&CS) Indoor Event Support Request to arrange for setup, breakdown, and cleaning services.
- F&CS will respond with an email confirming the arrangements.
- You must, next, forward the F&CS confirmation email to CHC firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If CHC has not received your email with the F&CS arrangements confirmation within 96 hours of creating your tentative reservation, the reservation may not be confirmed and may be reassigned to another group. You will receive an email stating that your pending reservation has been canceled.
- Once your email containing the F&CS services confirmation has been received and reviewed by CHC, you will receive an email stating that “Your reservation request for the CHC Event Hall has been approved and is scheduled.”
Responsibility for Arrangements
All event arrangements remain the responsibility of the campus group reserving the space, including room set-up and breakdown through Facilities & Campus Services, audio-visual services through Classroom Technology Services (CTS), cleanup, etc.
Furniture may not be removed from the CHC Events Hall by anyone other than Facilities & Campus Services.
Custodial service is required for ALL events and the campus group is responsible for payment of all related fees. Custodial services are arranged by submitting an Indoor Event Support Request to Facilities & Campus Services (F&CS).
The request form should be completed no later than twenty-four (24) hours after you receive notice of “tentative reservation” from CHC and at least two (2) weeks prior to your event to ensure that setup and breakdown can be scheduled by F&CS.
F&CS will send you an email confirmation regarding their services.
You must forward the F&CS email confirmation to CHC to confirm your Event Hall reservation.
If you have not forwarded your F&CS services confirmation within 96 hours of notice of “tentative reservation,” use of the Events Hall may be reassigned to another group and your tentative reservation canceled.
No fee will be charged by CHC to campus groups for use of the CHC Events Hall. Physical Plant fees for the necessary custodial setup, breakdown, and cleaning services are the responsibility of the campus group. If an event is canceled, the campus group is responsible for notifying Facilities & Campus Services and assumes responsibility for any custodial fees associated with a late cancellation notice.
The campus group is also responsible for ensuring that all their program materials are removed from the CHC Events Hall at the conclusion of their event.
Food and Beverage Service
Food and beverages are allowed to be served in the CHC Events Hall. Full-service catering is only allowed using Campus Catering. Other vendors may be used as long as the vendor only delivers with no setup or cleanup.
Any event organizer or sponsor planning an academic event with a possible attendance of 100 or more to be held in the Event Hall shall comply with all University Crowd Manager Program requirements. Event organizers should contact Ed Mientka in Environmental Health and Safety at email@example.com or (413) 545-5114 to determine if crowd managers are necessary during an event.
Non-academic events with possible attendance of 100 or more will not be allowed.
Responsibility for Damages
Campus groups will be charged actual costs for any breakage, damage or loss of property associated with their event. This includes, but is not limited to, replacement of missing property, carpet cleaning, or repair of damaged furniture, equipment, windows, and building fixtures.
Commonwealth Honors College is not responsible for any items lost or stolen during a campus group event.
Submitting a CHC Events Hall Reservation Request for use of the CHC Events Hall will constitute your agreement to abide by these policies.
Questions about reserving the Commonwealth Honors College Events Hall?
Facilities and Campus Services Indoor Event Support Request:
Classroom Technology Services (CTS)
Echo360 Special Event Request Form (Apps at UMass Amherst)
How many tables fit in each room?