The Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance is pleased to announce the availability of funds for the competitive Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship Program for the 2020-2021 academic year!
UMASS Amherst students pursuing STEM programs of study are invited to apply for scholarship funds worth up to $3,250 per semester for full-time students and up to $1,625 per semester for part-time students. Selected students would receive the award retroactive for the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for the Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship, a student must:
- be enrolled in a designated high need STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program of study at a Massachusetts State University
- not have earned a prior bachelor’s degree
- be a Massachusetts resident and US citizen or eligible non-citizen for at least one year prior to the start of the academic year
- be eligible under Title IV and not in default of a state or federal student loan, or owe a refund on any federal or state aid
• Science (including, but not limited to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Biochemistry)
• Engineering (including all sub-disciplines)
HOW DO I APPLY?
• Complete the online MHDS program application at: https://www.mass.edu/osfa/programs/highdemand.asp
• File the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.ed.gov
• Send in an official, sealed transcript electronically to email@example.com or via USPS to:
Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship Program
Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance
3rd Floor 75 Pleasant Street Malden, MA 02148
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY May 7, 2021 AND TRANSCRIPTS ON FILE BY MAY 13, 2021