Hourly Rate: $14/hour
Commonwealth Honors College seeks a creative and detail-oriented student experienced in graphic design to join the communications team. A large focus of this position is designing digital and print material, while providing general support for CHC communications efforts.
- Assist in conceptualizing, designing, and producing digital and print material, including web and email graphics, digital templates, signage, event flyers, social media images, postcards, and brochures.
- Assist in maintaining the Honors College’s image, identity, and communication style across all creative platforms
- Handle requests for promotional material and, as assigned, work with faculty and staff to ascertain needs and explain possible options available
- Provide general support to CHC communications projects
- Work under general supervision of the Director of Communications
- Other duties as necessary
- Proficient in graphics and publishing software, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Understanding and knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing standards
- Strong eye for design and attention to detail
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Proficiency with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Previous work experience in graphic design, marketing, and/or communication desirable
- Work-study preferred
- Must provide a portfolio of original design projects/layout
- Membership in Commonwealth Honors College is not required
To apply, submit a resume and links to a maximum of three original designs to: Natalie Georges, Director of Communications, email@example.com.
Review of applications begins on September 20, 2019