- Dean's Office
- Community Engagement
- Senior Recognition Celebration
- Peer-to-Peer Teaching Review
- Budget Planning
Application due date: 12:00 noon on Friday, March 1, 2019
Maximum amount: $4,000
Conference Grants are available to provide partial support for conferences and colloquia sponsored by HFA faculty members and departments and held on the UMass Amherst campus during the 2019-20 academic year.
Awards up to $4,000 will be made based on a 1 to 2 match, i.e. a proposal that has secured $1,500 in funding, would be eligible for up to $3,000 toward expenses from HFA.
Any full-time faculty member may apply.
Complete the online application below. You will be able to save partial applications and return to complete and submit them. Please be sure to follow the instructions to copy and save the link provided. The two documents you are asked to provide should be uploaded only when you are ready to submit your completed application. These will not be saved if you exit the form before clicking on the submit button.
Criteria for Evaluation
Proposals will be evaluated by the HFA Research Council according to the following ranked criteria and will be awarded on a competitive basis:
- the importance of the conference to the applicant’s larger research agenda/creative plan and to the department’s research strengths;
- the likelihood that the substance of the conference will engage the department, its students, and scholars in the field;
- and the likelihood that the conference will take place in AY 2019-20.
Faculty members who receive Conference Grants will submit a one-page report to the Associate Dean for Research summarizing the conference within one month of the event. Neglecting to do so may place future requests for support at a disadvantage.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Latham via e-mail or at 413-545-0378.