EventsBack to calendar
Auditions: The Lily's Revenge
Fine Arts Center | Curtain TheaterDate & Time
Jan 30, 2018 | 6:30 pm Jan 31, 2018 | 6:30 pmContact Name
Liz Diamond | email@example.com
The Lily's Revenge Auditions Jan. 30 & 31, 6:30-10:30 p.m. in the Curtain Theater, with callbacks Feb. 2, 6-10:30 p.m. and Feb. 3, 12:30-4:30 p.m. in the Curtain Theater.
For auditions, please prepare:
- A one-minute monologue of heightened language
● Note on heightened language: This monologue could be from Shakespeare, Moliere, Shaw, Coward, Wilde, Greek drama, or the like, or from contemporary text in which the playwright uses complex words or composes language in ways that are distinguishable from contemporary everyday speech (examples: Tony Kushner, Zell Miller III, Mac Wellman). Dramatic text or lyrics that tell a story are preferred to poetry because we are looking for your ability to handle complicated language in communicating a narrative.
- A one-minute contemporary monologue
- 16 bars of a song, of any genre that best demonstrates your vocal ability
For callbacks, we will invite you to share any special talents you may have, from dancing to juggling to puppetry to burlesque. Do you know a magic trick? Can you do something extraordinary with an ordinary household object? We welcome your unique skills.
Our audition and production process will honor a safe and respectful space for all participants, upholding values of consent and communication.
PLEASE READ THE SCRIPT BEFORE AUDITIONING.
- Scripts for all productions can be accessed as read-only files here
- Performers are now able to sign up for audition slots via Signupgenius: