- Departments & Centers
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Graduate Students
- Advising & Career Center
- Exploratory Track
Summer Internship Assistance Fund
Summer internships often come with financial obligations, such as housing costs; travel, commuting, food expenses; the cost of tuition to receive academic credit for the experience, etc. Taking on these expenses while participating in an unpaid or minimally-paid summer internship can create a financial burden.
When a valuable internship offers little or no compensation, the HFA Summer Internship Assistance Fund may be able to help thanks to the generosity of HFA alumni who know how important these experiences can be and who want to help make participation in them possible.
Please review the following requirements and deadlines before applying.
Applicants will have:
- A primary major in the College of Humanities and Fine Arts.
- Financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Services Office based on a submitted Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A cumulative GPA equal to or greater than 2.75.
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student in the fall semester following the internship.
- Applied for or been accepted into an internship that lasts 6 weeks or more and offers a minimum of 120 hours of experience .
- An internship that does not require payment of a fee, tuition, donation, etc. to participate.
- Preference will be given to students who have not already been assisted by this fund.
Only applications from students who meet ALL of the criteria listed above will be considered.
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 20, 2020
- The submission deadline is 12:00 noon on Monday, April 13, 2020
Students may not know by the submission deadline whether or not their internship applications are successful. To accommodate this uncertainty, students may submit separate applications for two internship opportunities. Those who do will be asked to indicate their preferred internship site.
Notification: Students will be notified by the end of April.
Up to $1,500 if you are able to live at home or if you will live in your academic year residence
Up to $2,000 if you must relocate and secure housing to participate in the internship
Requirements of award recipients: Award recipients will submit a thank you letter to the donors whose generosity provided this funding. This letter will also include a reflection on the internship experience.