- Departments & Centers
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Graduate Students
- Advising & Career Center
- Exploratory Track
Summer Internship Assistance Fund
During a summer internship you may have numerous financial demands including credit tuition, housing, travel, and other personal expenses, and unpaid or minimally-paid summer internships can create a financial burden. When a valuable internship offers little or no compensation, we may be able to help, thanks to the generosity of HFA alumni who recognize the importance of these experiences. Please consider the following requirements and deadlines before applying.
Applicants will have:
- A primary major in the College of Humanities and Fine Arts.
- Financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Services Office.
- A cumulative GPA euqal to or greater to 2.75.
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student in the fall semester following the internship.
- Applied for or been accepted into an internship lasting 6 or more weeks that offers a minimum of 120 hours of experience .
- An internship that does not require payment of a fee, tuition, donation, etc. to participate.
Only applications from students who meet ALL of the criteria listed above will be considered.
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 20, 2020
- The submission deadline is 12:00 noon on Monday, April 13, 2020
Students may not know by the submission deadline whether or not their internship applications are successful. To accommodate this uncertainty, students may submit separate applications for up to two internship opportunities. Those who do will be asked to indicate their preferred internship site.
Notification: Students will be notified by the end of April.
- Up to $1,500 if you are able to live at your home or campus/Amherst area residence
- Up to $2,000 if you must relocate to participate in the internship
Requirements of award recipients: Award recipients will submit a thank you letter to the donors whose generosity provided this funding. This letter will include a reflection on the internship experience.