- Departments & Centers
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Graduate Students
- Advising & Career Center
- Exploratory Track
Summer Internship Assistance Fund
Internships and the experience, connections, and skills they foster are vital components of effective career preparation. When a substantive internship offers adequate pay, it is easier for students to take advantage of the opportunity. When a valuable internship offers little or no financial support, we may be able to help thanks to the generosity of HFA alumni who recognize the importance of internships.
Eligibility requirements: Only applications from students who meet ALL of the criteria listed below will be considered.
- Primary major in an HFA department.
- Financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Services Office.
- A cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 2.75.
- Registration as a full-time undergraduate student in the fall semester beginning after the internship.
- The internship does not require payment of a fee or tuition to participate.
Application deadline: The application will open January 25, 2019.
- 12:00 noon on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - Priority deadline
- 12:00 noon on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - Deadline
Students may not know by the submission deadlines whether or not their internship applications are successful. To accommodate this uncertainty, students may submit separate applications for up to two internship opportunities. Those who do will be asked to indicate their preferred internship site.
Notification: Applications received by the priority deadline will be reviewed and a portion of the funds available will be awarded mid-April. Submissions not funded in the initial round will be held and considered with applications received by the April 17 deadline. Students will be notified of the status of their applications by the end of April.
- Up to $2,000 if there will be housing costs.
- Up to $1,250 if there are no separate housing expenses.
Requirements of award recipients: Award recipients will submit a combined post-internship reflection and thank you. This document will summarize their experience and thank the donors whose generosity provided the support. We also ask recipients to provide a photo of them at their internship site.