Senior Recognition Celebration
Instructions for Graduates
Arrival at the Recreation Center
- Please make sure to arrive in your regalia by 12:00 p.m. (noon).
- Ask your guests to proceed directly to the gymnasium – please do not bring them to the holding area.
- Immediately make your way to the holding area for your department – see sidebar for room #s. Signs will also be posted around the Rec Center to guide you.
- Remember to travel light and do not bring valuables – there’s no place to lock up your belongings and the holding rooms will not be monitored.
Before the Ceremony
- When you arrive in your department holding area, there will be tables set up with pre-printed reader cards in alphabetical order by last name.
- Find the card with your pre-printed name. You will be scanning the QR code and uploading your selfie to the Ultimate Exposures website. More specific instructions will be posted at the event.
- If you do not find a card pre-printed with your name, there will be blank cards available to fill out and pens provided.
- Please write in a phonetic spelling of your name, if necessary
- Remember to bring this card with you into the ceremony.
- Your department chair and other faculty members will be in the holding areas with you if you have questions.
Lining up for the Processional
- Volunteer staff will alert your department when it’s time to line up.
- Your department chair/faculty will lead your line to the gymnasium.
- Once in the gymnasium, follow your line – volunteer staff will guide you into your seats.
- Please fill all rows completely and don’t skip seats.
- Stay with your department because you will be going to the stage together.
- Please stay standing until all graduates are in and the dean invites you to sit.
- After the Dean’s speech, she will invite the departments to come to the stage one by one.
- Volunteer staff will cue your department chair on when to go.
- Follow your department to line up for the stage.
- When it’s your turn to ascend the stage, hand your card to the faculty at the podium who will read your name.
- As your name is read, pause very briefly then proceed immediately to the center table to receive your medal from one of the associate deans.
- Once you have your medal, move to the end of the stage for a photo with your department chair.
- Head down the ramp.
- If you would like additional solo pictures, you can stop at the nearby photographer’s greenscreen booth on your way back to your seat.
- Volunteer staff will guide you to your row.
- The dean will close the ceremony.
- There is no formal exit – feel free to find your guests.
- If you are going on to McGuirk Stadium for the university commencement, the fastest way to get there is to walk. There will be shuttle busses across the street in front of the Mullins Center. Students will have priority boarding the busses to McGuirk. Please use the crosswalks!!