The GSS senator and officer elections for the academic year 2023-2024 are open! GSS Elections Nomination form: here.
- Each department is allocated a base of 2 senators. For every 50 graduate students beyond this, the department gains an additional senator. Please check out this list for the number of available senator seats.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or graduate students in their respective departments. Please if you are nominating someone else in your department, you MUST inform them beforehand so that they are aware and are willing to participate in the elections.
- GSS will run the senator elections digitally for your department and will create the ballot on campus pulse via the below nomination form.
- Alternatively, your department can conduct internal elections based on the guidelines laid out in Article II of the GSS Bylaws. All internally elected departmental senators should have their names forwarded to the election committee at email@example.com.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or other graduate students for the position of GSS President, GSS Vice-President and Treasurer for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- All senate tax-paying graduate students of UMass Amherst are eligible to nominate themselves or another eligible student.
- The officer positions are GEO eligible for 20 hours during the school year and 10 hours during the summer.
- More about the job responsibilities can be found in Article III Section D of the GSS Bylaws.
GSS Elections Nomination form: here.
All nominations close at 5pm on Tuesday February 28th.
GSS Elections Committee