Graduate Reference Center
Welcome to the online Graduate Reference Center for applicants to the University of Massachusetts Amherst Graduate School.
- Log in to submit a graduate reference NOTE: The system will be down for an upgrade from 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, February 18, 2023 to 3:00 p.m. on Monday, February 20th. If you are unable to log in, please try again after 3:00 pm on Monday.
Using our Graduate Reference Center enables us to efficiently compile a complete academic dossier of each applicant to the University for evaluation by our faculty. Once your reference has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your submission. Your reference will be available for our faculty to review within one working day.
- Please use the email address and code sent in our email as your login credentials. For best results, copy and paste them into the login screen.
- The reference code you received is applicant specific. If you are submitting multiple references to the Graduate Reference Center, you will receive a distinct code for each applicant.
Submitting a Reference:
- The Ratings section is intended for academic references. Professional references should skip the Ratings section.
- Enter a letter of reference in the Recommendation section by uploading a PDF file or entering it in the text box provided.
- If you choose to upload a PDF and want to view the file you must enable pop-ups in your web browser.
If you have any questions or problems with this process, please contact the Graduate Student Service Center at: gradadm [at] grad [dot] umass [dot] edu (gradadm[at]grad[dot]umass[dot]edu).