Professional Development for Faculty & Staff
The Office of Professional Development (OPD) regularly collaborates with faculty to integrate professional development training into academic curriculum, support advising, share resources and alleviate time constraints that hinder student participation. Collaboration examples include:
- Inviting OPD members to offer departmental, classroom or pro-seminar sessions on topics related to OPD competency areas
- Using scheduled OPD sessions to satisfy pro-seminar requirements (students choose sessions from our event calendar that align with their specific interests or needs)
- Co-hosting guest speakers to support thematic topics or career exploration
- Designing professional development curriculum for training grant proposals
- Including OPD members in orientation and recruiting weekend activities
With more than 250 programs offered annually, OPD can help faculty advisors strategically guide their graduate students and postdocs to relevant and timely OPD programs in career preparation, communication, grants and fellowships, personal development, and teaching.
Contact us to discuss possible collaborations.