Graduate Fellows Travel Grant
The Graduate School provides the Graduate Fellows Travel Grant to enhance the retention and success of outstanding graduate students from historically underrepresented groups. Spaulding-Smith and Research Enhancement and Leadership (REAL) Fellows may apply for these supplemental funds to support training opportunities, outreach initiatives or professional development travel that would not ordinarily be funded.
Before You Begin
- All Spaulding-Smith and REAL Fellows are eligible (but not guaranteed) to earn one Graduate Fellows Travel Grant per academic year (July 1 through June 30; multiple applications may be submitted, but only one can be granted).
- Applications may not exceed $500. Travel support may include conference and/or workshop registration, transportation, lodging and meals. **Please note: Due to COVID-19, travel support will only include virtual conference registrations up to $200 in Fall 2021**
- Students applying for conference attendance are expected to present (poster or talk).
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted three times per year: February 5, June 1, and October 25 (subject to availability of funds). Please note that it may take one month for applications to be reviewed and off-schedule applications will not be considered – so please plan accordingly.
- To be competitive, applications MUST explain how the opportunity will enhance the applicant’s professional or academic development.
- Applications indicating matched funds and/or cost-sharing (shared rooms, transportation, etc.) will be favorably viewed. Potential matching sources might include: advisors, home departments/programs, university grants, societies and conferences.
- Applicants must ask their faculty advisor/PI to email a statement of support (paragraph length). Applications missing an advisor letter will not be considered.
Within one month of activity completion, students must submit a Final Report. All activities are expected to be completed within one year from the date of the award.