Skip to main content

Transcript Requests

UMass Transcript Offices

UMass Graduate Registrar

(413) 545-0024

UMass Undergraduate Registrar

(413) 545-2781

Stockbridge School of Agriculture

(413) 545-2222

Continuing & Professional Education

(413) 545-3653

Electronic Transcripts Are Coming!

The University's announcement about this upcoming service can be found here.

Transcript Request Form for Graduate Students (PDF)

The University of Massachusetts Amherst has four separate transcript operations: the Graduate School; the Undergraduate Registrar; the Stockbridge School of Agriculture; and the Division of Continuing and Professional Education. In general, the transcript is one document regardless of which area the student has enrolled in. Therefore, if any part of the transcript is maintained by the Graduate School, then the Graduate School will produce the entire record. For information on requesting transcripts from the UMass Amherst Graduate School, see below, or call (413) 545-0024.

Requesting a Transcript from the UMass Graduate School

The Graduate Student Service Center maintains records of work done beyond the bachelor's degree. If you are or have been a degree-seeking student and have a SPIRE login you may request transcripts via your Student Center on SPIRE; instructions for this process can be found here at the OIT Support Center. Otherwise, a written request is required before official copies of a graduate academic record (transcript) are released. Forms are available at the Graduate Student Service Center for overnight processing or, if you are unable to request the transcript in person, please complete the online Transcript Request Form, print the completed form, and mail or fax it (see below for mailing address and fax number). Students must type the details of their request directly on-screen before printing the form out. Handwritten forms (other than your signature) will not be accepted. Be sure to sign the request before sending it to us because we cannot process a student’s transcript without their original signature. 

Alternately, you can send us a letter with the following information:

  • Your printed name and signature
  • Any former names used on University records
  • Current address, telephone number and email address (if any)
  • Date of birth
  • Student ID number (if known)
  • Graduate degrees received (if any)
  • Graduation date and/or dates of attendance
  • Other information which you feel would be useful
  • Number of copies
  • Complete address of where transcript is to be sent
  • If the transcript is being issued to you, indicate whether it needs to be enclosed in a signed and sealed envelope.

Official Transcripts

To be official, a transcript should be sent directly to a third party or must be enclosed in a signed and sealed envelope that is not opened by the student. The Graduate Student Service Center will stamp "Issued to Student" on all transcripts being mailed directly to the student unless a signed and sealed envelope is specifically requested.

Transcript Processing Time

Every attempt will be made to immediately process transcripts over the counter between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. At the discretion of the staff in the Graduate Student Service Center, there may be times when immediate processing is not possible, especially for large quantities. In these cases, students will be requested to return on a subsequent day to collect them, or accept them by mail.

All transcripts provided by the Graduate School and delivered over the counter or sent first-class mail are issued at no charge and are sent 2 to 3 working days after we receive the written request. They can also be sent by Express Mail the following day (if request and payment are received before noon) for an additional charge. Please check in advance before requesting Express Mail service.

Mail or Fax or Email the transcript request form to:
Graduate Student Service Center 

534 Goodell Building
140 Hicks Way
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003-3292
fax (413) 577-0386