Foster the innovative work of our faculty.
Giving to faculty
Our faculty include winners of the Pulitzer Prize, MacArthur “genius” grant recipients, Guggenheim and Fulbright fellows, and members of the National Academies. They deliver the high-quality academic experience we are known for and drive research innovations.
Relative to other universities, however, we have few permanent endowments dedicated to recruiting and retaining faculty.
In fact, some of our peer institutions have 10 times the number of faculty endowments that we do. Building permanent resources to support outstanding faculty is a significant priority.
- Recognize outstanding scholars.
- Create a meaningful, permanent, and prestigious legacy for the benefactor. Endowed funds can be named to honor someone important to the donor.
- Provide a stable source of funding for innovative initiatives in teaching and research.
- Named endowed chair: $2.5 million
- Named endowed professorship: $1.5 million