About STEM+German | iSTEP
iSTEP: international Science Technology & Engineering Programs
Double Major and Dual Degree Options with STEM-German
Do you want to study abroad but are concerned about completing the requirements for your STEM major? Do you want an internship in Germany in a STEM field? Do you want to be a more desirable candidate for jobs and graduate studies programs with your degree? Do you want to become fluent in a foreign language while having a blast living in Europe?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then consider a double major or dual degree in German and a STEM field with iSTEP!
Why STEM + German?
Similar programs at comparable universities in the US have demonstarted that integrated STEM and German degree studies offer students not only a unique college experience, but also:
- Superior and more diverse employment opportunities after graduation
- International work opportunities in Germany and in other world regions
- Unique qualifications for graduate school and medical school applications
What does iSTEP do?
Through integrated programming with German & Scandinavian Studies and the International Programs Office, and collaboration with faculty in STEM departments, iSTEP provides:
- Individual Advising and Curriculum Planning
- Scientific & Technical German Language Courses from the Beginning to Advanced Level
- STEM-German Major Concentration
» Double Major (BA) or Dual Degree (BS/BA)
» Variable degree timelines depending on your needs and interests
- Coordinated Study Abroad Programs for your STEM field
- Internship and Research Opportunities in Germany
Learn more about:
International Opportunities: Study Abroad, Internships, and Research Placements
Dr. Julia Feldhaus, Director of iSTEP
iSTEP Office Hours: Drop-in Thursdays 12:30-3pm, or by appointment.