The University of Massachusetts Amherst

Suggested Coursework for Transfer Students

Transferring from a Community College or other traditional 4 year institution

All transfer students wishing to study Food Science will be admitted to the program regardless of previous coursework. However to complete the Food Science program without delaying graduation, it is suggested that students focus their coursework on basic chemistry, organic chemistry, biology and math before transferring to the University of Massachusetts.

Transferring into the Culinary Arts Concentration

Students interested in the Culinary Arts Concentration must have a two year Culinary Arts degree or its equivalent to be accepted in the program.