Regardless of which Food Science Concentration you select, Majors should take the following courses their first year:
- CHEM 111 General Chemistry*
- ENGLWRIT 112 Freshman Comp.
- COMP SCI 105
- MATH (depending on conc.)
- CHEM 112 General Chemistry
- BIOLOGY 110 **
- FD SCI 190i Introduction for the Future Food Scientist
*Chem 111 requires Math 104 or a score of 20 on the math placement exam. If needed, students should take Math 104 first semester and register for Chem111 second semester.
**Biology 110 is only offered second semester. One biology course is required by Food Science. Students wishing to go into Medical or Dental School should take the two semester biology sequence: Biology 151 (Fall) then Bio152 and 153 (Spring semester).