The Center for Research on Families has three categories of graduate-level awards
CRF Travel Awards
Travel Awards of up to $300 are given to selected Graduate Students meeting the following criteria:
- Applications for Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 Travel Awards will be available in Spring 2020....check back for deadlines
- Students must be presenting or have presented original family research at a national conference
- Student should be the first author on an accepted paper or poster to be presented at the conference
- Travel to the conference must take place between September 2019 and August 2020
- Applicants may apply retroactively for the award if they have already attended a conference within the set time period
CRF Dissertation Fellowship Awards
Several academic fellowship awards will be made to PhD students enrolled at UMass Amherst who have demonstrated superior potential in any area of family research*. Advanced doctoral students who are in the process of defending their prospectus and/or dissertation and working on their academic research are eligible to apply. Information about the 2019-20 CRF Dissertation Fellowship here .
CRF Summer Methodology Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students who wish to attend CRF’s Summer Methods Workshop: Stress Biomarkers-Why, What, Where, and How taught by Jerrold Meyer.
Learn more about the summer 2019 methodology course offerings and apply for CRF Scholarships!