CRF’s Methodology Program provides consultation in study design and statistical analysis. The program has a particular expertise in methods for analyzing non-experimental data that arise in studies of families and dyads with an emphasis on multi-level modeling, structural equation modeling, and analysis of nested and longitudinal data. The Methodology Program also offers a series of methodology workshops, seminars, and other training opportunities, throughout the academic year and during the summer months. Dr. Holly Laws oversees the Methodology Consultation Staff and consulting services as well as providing direct consultation. Contact our office for more information, fee structure or to schedule an appointment.
Methodology Services Offered:
- Consultation on study design, including power analyses
- Data analysis, including traditional techniques:
- Linear regression
- Data analysis, including advanced techniques:
- Multilevel hierarchical modeling
- Structural equation modeling
- Mediational analysis
- Multilevel structural equation modeling
- Survival analysis
- Propensity score matching
- Modeling binary, count and categorical outcomes
- Training in the use of software packages such as Mplus, SPSS, HLM, Stata, Lisrel, Gpower, and R
- One-on-one support of thesis or dissertation analyses, editing or contribution to methodology sections of manuscripts and grant proposals
Who can use our services and what are our fees?
CRF will provide free consulting to UMass Amherst faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students for free (limited to 10 hours per person).
Our rates for consulting on Faculty grants and for faculty and students from other colleges and institutions are:
- $120/ hour for work primarily conducted by our Methodology Director
- $60/hour for work primarily conducted by our Graduate Student Consultants
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment.