"I am pleased to support the Center for Research on Families. Their efforts to apply research to improve the lives of families in local communities and encourage student scholars are just two of the reasons I believe in CRF" - Mary Ann Higgins
Gifts to the Center for Research on Families may be made in a variety of ways. These can include outright donations, pledges made for a period of years, or bequests, annuities and other planned giving options. The development team at the University of Massachusetts Amherst can help you determine the best way to make a contribution that accomplishes your personal charitable goals.
The Center for Research on Families has a general gift account that provides the director with the flexibility to meet educational, research and outreach needs as they arise, to supplement existing activities that are in great demand, and to support new initiatives. To learn more about current initiatives that would benefit from an unrestricted gift, please contact the Director of CRF, Dr. Maureen Perry-Jenkins, at (413) 545-0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific giving opportunities include:
- Student Research Awards – Research experiences for undergraduate students working directly with faculty members on family research
- Family Research Scholars Program – Cutting-edge faculty research on issues important to families
- Student Travel Awards – Graduate students' presentation of research at conferences
- Lecture Series – Public lectures by nationally renowned speakers addressing timely family issues
- Conferences – Focusing on special topics in family research
- Space-Naming Opportunities – Growth in CRF's research programs for faculty, students and national/international audiences within the past decade has been extraordinary. Additional space is critically needed for staffing, family observation and testing research labs, as well as methodology labs for training and consultation.
The above list is by no means exhaustive. To learn more about supporting the giving opportunities listed above, please contact Dr. Maureen Perry-Jenkins or one of CRF's two designated college-level development liaisons:
Dr. Maureen Perry-Jenkins
Director, Center for Research on Families
Assistant Dean of Advancement, College of Natural Sciences
Executive Director of Development, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences