Application deadline: Friday, January 26th, 2024
UMass Faculty from all ranks and all departments are eligible. Representation across disciplines is desired. Proposals will be rated based on the suitability and appropriate timing of the proposed project for external funding, relevance to issues affecting families, and intellectual merit and broader significance. Applicants from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
A. Please complete this form to give us your basic information.
B. Please create a folder in One Drive entitled: LastName_FirstName_FRS'25. Please add all the required materials share this folder with Gisele Litalien. email@example.com.
Describe the project you are proposing to work on during your CRF scholar year. (3 page limit):
- A proposed title which communicates the focus of your research
- The research problem and your specific contribution in this area
- The significance of the proposed research project for which you will be seeking funding (demonstrate your preparedness for this program; tell us why this project matters broadly)
- Relevance to family research: Tell us why your project matters to families.
- Methodology : Describe your methodology and include the feasibility of this particular methodological approach.
- List the sponsor(s) to whom you anticipate submitting the proposal, its deadlines, and a well-conceptualized rationale for approaching these funders (including links to the announcement, if possible)
- Any external sponsored research support already received (Prior funding does not impact your selection for the program.)
Note: Please keep in mind that reviewers may not be from your discipline. We strongly encourage you to describe your research in such a way that it will be understood by people outside of your discipline.
Additional Required Materials (outside of the three-page limit):
- A one-paragraph abstract of the proposal including the title
- Current C.V.
- All Faculty except SPHHS faculty download and use this form: FRS Program Participation Agreement Form (MOU). Complete the fillable form, print and provide both your signature and signature of your Department Chair.
- SPHHS Faculty only, download and use this form: SPHHS FRS Program Participation Agreement Form (MOU) Complete the fillable form, print and provide both your signature and signature of your Department Chair.
C. Optional Materials (outside of the three-page limit)
You may choose to include references regarding the research project as part of your proposal.
To apply, please fill out the online form below. Questions may be directed to Gisele Litalien via email.