A workshop series addressing the ins-and-outs of managing a grant
Just got funding for a new grant? Are you experiencing both joy and panic? Don’t worry, this workshop series and the resources provided will help you to prioritize and manage your grant, while staying focused on the research.
Registration is requested for all events, click each event below for more information.
- October 25th, 2019; 9-11 a.m. - Project Management
- November 15th, 2019: 9-11 a.m. - Personnel Management
- February 14th, 2020: 9-11 a.m. - The Art of Collaboration
- April 10th, 2020: 9-11 a.m. - Tips and Tools for Managing Collaborations
Spring 2019 Series
- February 15, 2019—The Big Picture
The bigger picture of what it takes to manage all the administrative work on a grant, while also conducting the research.
- March 1, 2019—How to Lead Research Collaborations
Tools for planning, practicing, and maintaining effective research collaborations as a PI.
- March 29, 2019—Money In, Money Out: Budgeting, Spending, and Reconciling
Tips and considerations for budgeting, executing contracts and subcontracts, hiring and paying staff, and tracking expenses.
- April 12, 2019—The Future is Here: Planning Your Next Project
Approaches for publishing and disseminating the findings from the current grant, and strategies to build towards the next proposal.
This series is co-sponsored by the Office of Faculty Development, Center for Research on Families (CRF), Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR), NSF ADVANCE, Office of Research and Engagement, College of Education, College of Natural Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and the School of Public Health and Health Sciences.