Scholarly Writing Workshops
Each year, OFD offers scholarly writing workshops for faculty and librarians. Examples of past workshops include:
- Scholarly Writing: What Works for You?
- Publishing Your First Book: Where to Begin?
- Publishing Your Second Book: Faculty and Editors Demystify the Process
- Planning Your Winter Session Writing Project
- Planning Your Summer Research and Writing
Scholarly Writing Retreats
OFD hosts scholarly writing retreats throughout the academic year. Retreats provide a quiet on-campus location for you and your colleagues to engage in focused writing time. OFD provides coffee, tea, water, and snacks.
In May, OFD hosts a day-long scholarly writing retreat to help faculty jump-start their summer writing projects. This highly-rated event offers faculty a comfortable and collegial environment in which to work on scholarly projects. Breakout sessions and individual consultations are offered on effective writing, setting writing goals and developing a competitive proposal for funding. Continental breakfast and a catered lunch are provided along with coffee and tea throughout the day.