The First Year Faculty Workshop Series is a monthly forum for new and early-career faculty to connect with colleagues and to learn best practices for faculty success.
Each month, tenure track and non-tenure track faculty from across campus gather in person for a facilitated session on a particular area of interest. Topics include supporting student success, how to find funding, developing a mentoring network, and much more! Come join us for presentations by knowledgeable colleagues and discussion.
Coffee and food are served, and time is set aside for conversing with your colleagues.
Monthly sessions will be held in the Hadley Room or Room 905 in the Campus Center. Topics covered will include:
- Building New Faculty Community, September 12
- Priorities, Planning, and Time Management, October 11
- Developing a Mentor Network: Identifying and Mapping Your Mentoring Needs, November 14
- Renewing Spring Courses Through Reflecting on the Fall, December 13
- Research & Engagement at UMass Amherst, February 13
- Designing and Facilitating Engaging Courses with Technology, March 6
- You Are Almost There: Planning for the Summer, April 3
More Events for First Year Faculty & Librarians
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. on September 29, October 24, and November 28 / W.E.B. Du Bois Library
Join us for a 30-minute morning walk around campus on the last Tuesdays of the month this semester! It’s a great way to start your day, get some exercise, and get to know each other. Walks will be hosted by Leyla Keough-Hameed (Office of Faculty Development) and Karen Whelan-Berry (CNS Faculty Development). Meet us at the W.E.B. Du Bois Library at 8:55 on 9/29, 10/24, and 11/28. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Movie Night with New Faculty & Librarians, Amherst Cinema
Join us for a movie night at Amherst Cinema to connect with your colleagues outside of work. Partners and families are welcome. You can use your free ticket included in your faculty folder. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.