What if I need to find a care provider?
If you decide to outsource care, here are some resources of reputable sites to find the right caregiver for you, along with tips on navigating outsourced care.
Funding for care:
- Childcare and Eldercare Assistance Fund: Funding from the Provost's Office is open to all bargaining unit members to support care expenses. Questions regarding childcare/eldercare reimbursements can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Many families feel safer hiring a caregiver to support individual or small pods of families. Reliable places to post jobs for hiring in-home caregivers and tutors are:
At this time, some schools, childcare centers, and camps are open, and and some organizations are offering afterschool programs in our community:
- UMass Center for Early Education and Care
- Find a licensed care program in MA via the DEEC
- Capacidad is offering a small program at the Amherst Middle School for elementary-aged children
- Learn at Morse Hill is an outdoor elementary homeschool program and offering fall programs for 5-11 year olds.
- The Hitchcock Center for the Environment is offering outdoor programs for children