Hosted by the Office of Faculty Development in collaboration with the Office of Research and Engagement
This workshop series is an approachable crash course for faculty interested in demystifying research administration at UMass. Learn to navigate the complexities of campus policies and procedures and find out where to get help.
Topics covered include:
- Proposal development submission policies and procedures
- Overview of Office of Pre-Award Services proposal review criteria - the 4 C’s
- Budgeting concepts
- Budgeting methods and what goes into a justification
- People – effort, grad students and post docs
- Subcontracts, Collaborators, Contractors and Consultants
- Cost sharing
- Proposal submission best practices
- Proposal Project Management -Timeline and order of operation
- Engaging resources and where to get help
Part 1 of this workshop series, Faculty Research Administration: The Basics, will be held on November 2.
Facilitator: Ian Raphael, Director, Research Administration