Hosted by the Office of Faculty Development in collaboration with the Office of Research and Engagement
This workshop series is an approachable crash course for faculty interested in demystifying research administration at UMass. Learn to navigate the complexities of campus policies and procedures and find out where to get help.
The Basics (Part 1) will cover everything faculty need to know to get up to speed on the research landscape here at UMass. Topics covered include:
- Overview of Central Offices – who does what and why
- Overview of Federal Regulations that govern pre and post award administration – why we do what we do
- Overview of Research Compliance
- Best practices and tips from the experts
- Walkthrough – Office of Research and Engagement website
Part 2 of this workshop series, Proposal Development and Budgeting, will be held on November 9.
Facilitator: Ian Raphael, Director, Research Administration