UMass Amherst is committed to building an inclusive community of dignity and respect. The following are some of the many programs that support and encourage our diverse community:
- ADVANCE Program
- Center for Employment Equity
- Center for Women & Community
- Faculty Diversity, Office of the Provost
- Faculty Senate Council on the Status of Diversity
- Faculty Senate Council on the Status of Women
- Institute of Diversity Sciences
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Membership
- Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Office of Veteran Services
- Stonewall Center
- Women in Science Initiative
- Women of Color Leadership Network
- Workplace Accessibility
- LGBTQIA Network
- Faculty and Staff of Color Network
- Diversity Abilities Group
- International Staff/Faculty Network
- Veteran’s Network
Additional Campus Groups
Get involved and help build the community of our aspirations that is respectful and inclusive for all.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
UMass Amherst is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. As such, institutional membership with the NCFDD is available to all faculty at no cost.
The NCFDD is an independent professional development, training and mentoring community of scholars and students from more than 450 colleges and universities. Its resources are intended to benefit faculty and students of color, as well as all who are in need of general mentoring and looking for support during their career transitions.
As members, individuals receive access to resources such as monthly webinars; multi-week courses; a discussion forum for peer mentoring and problem solving; writing challenges; and access to the NCFDD member library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals and readings. The center also offers professional development training and intensive mentoring programs.
To activate your membership, visit the NCFDD website.