Together we can make things better.
UMass Amherst Building Coordinators have accepted an important responsibility. The time and energy they bring to the task make UMass Amherst a better place to learn, work and play.
We want to help. If you're a Building Coordinator with questions, concerns, or just need a little guidance about your role, please give us a call at 5-6443, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in becoming a Building Coordinator and want more information about what's involved, we'd like to hear from you, too.
If you need to know who is currently serving as the Building Coordinator for your building or department, you can also contact us, or refer to the Building Coordinator/Customer Service Representative List.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate list of contact persons and corresponding spaces for your department within the building.
- Notify department building occupants of emergency and planned disruption of services either verbally or by forwarding copies of Construction Advisories and/or Service Shutdown Notices.
- Oversee building conditions and act as liaison between your department and Facilities & Campus Services.
- Report building deficiencies to, and make service requests of, Facilities & Campus Services; coordinate completion of requested services.
- Review all key/core requests and express any concerns to email@example.com.
- Once the requested work is completed, please fill out the Customer Service Feedback Survey that is emailed to you.
How To Request Work
In the event of a facilities-related emergency, always call the Facilities Service Center: 545-6401. The Facilities Service Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call any time, day or night, if you discover a problem in a building, on campus grounds, with utility services, or at a construction site.
For non-emergency requests, use the online form at Facilities & Campus Services’ web site.