October 20, 2017 7:00 pm-12:00 am
October 21, 2017 8:00 am-7:00 pm
Room: 227 (Auditorium)
UMass Amherst Campus
Calling all students of all majors interested in greening the campus.
Work together in interdisciplinary teams to come up with creative solutions within a 24-hour window. The winning team will pitch its idea to the Chancellor's Sustainability Advisory Committee and potentially see their idea funded.
Sustainathon@UMass is a first-of-its-kind 24-hour Creathon focused on sustainability. A Creathon is usually a 24-48 hour creative marathon in which professionals, students and young talents work in teams to create solutions for global challenges. This weekend will consist of workshops, coaching sessions and deliverables. This pressure cooker format is where brilliant ideas are born.
Participants will be provided with everything they need to boost their thinking: coaches, workshops, data, foods and drinks and a great vibe. The difference between a Creathon and a Hackathon is that software development is necessary during a Hackathon. During a Creathon software development is not leading.
This particular Creathon will be focused on sustainability challenges that the UMass campus is facing and may also include local initiatives/organizations/companies that are doing work to benefit communities domestic and abroad. There will be one major challenge and bonus challenges that teams will be working on for the 24 hours.
1) Compete, build, test and launch your implementable case to the world and/or UMass campus.
2) Work together in teams full of talent (an interdisciplinary mix of different backgrounds and skill sets).
3) Level up your skills: get coaching and workshops.
4) Join the Sustainability Projects Abroad (SPA) Team and grow your network: you’ll make unexpected new friendships.
5) It’s a big plus on your resume when applying for a job. Doing extra things in addition to your daily school work is becoming more important for organizations.
6) The winning team will pitch their idea to the Chancellor’s Sustainability Advisory Committee and potentially see their idea funded!
Register by following the "event website" link.